Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm a working girl now!

So. I finally got my first job...ever. People are always surprised when I say I've never worked anywhere before, not even babysit or anything. Well, I don't like children so babysitting was a no-go and all through high school I was at volleyball practice or rehearsals for shows or I had student government stuff or I had dance/piano/voice lessons. I literally had absolutely no time to work. Psh, and I should've been able to count my rehearsals as previous job experiences since I was in rehearsal more than most people were at their part-time jobs. But out of the good graces of their hearts, the people at Uncle Mike's Pub hired me when I had absolutely no experience at all. And guess what? I LOVE IT. I absolutely adore having a job; I love having money in my wallet that I earned. It's liberating and freeing in a way because my parents have always been the money train. And I love being a busgirl and a waitress because as a waitress I only make $3.25/hr but then I get tips (Oh, PS I love tips, screw you taxes). And then as a busgirl I make $7.25/hr plus I get tipped out from the waitresses and bartenders. It's just a win win because even if it's slow when I bus, I'm still getting paidddd. And I really like the people that work there. I mean, there are bartenders and waitresses who have been there almost since it opened yet they don't treat me like I'm super new. And everyone's really funny and nice.

The one downside: it's a bar, so everyone is smoking all the time which isn't good for my voice or my health in general for that matter. I come home smelling like smoke on busy nights and I hate that. Thank God the Smoking Ban is getting implemented in July, I don't know how long I can stand it. What I still don't get about people who go to bars is how they can just sit there...and drink...for HOURS. And I mean hours people. They just sit there and drink and watch whatever is on the 10 tv's we have in there oh, and try to score with the bartenders haha that's always fun to watch.

PS hottie mchothots work where I work, it is SUCH a plus. I've already met two extremely sexy AND straight AND older guys which I was deprived of when I was at school at a theatre conservatory :P I'm getting sick of boys who are my age who act like they're pre-teens. It's just so unattractive, get it together boys. If you're ever wondering why you're still single, that is probs the reason. Joking around all the time, being rude/crude 95% of the time, and reverting back to middle school tactics in getting a girl are just frowned upon in girl world. Take note. Girls love funny guys, well at least I do and most of the women I know do, but if that's all you are, then what's the point of being with you? There's no substance, you're just a big joke. So maybe this summer I might "dip my wick in company ink" because these MEN are top notch compared to the guys I've been with.

ANYWAY, this started off talking about how great it is to be in America's work force and ended up with me ranting about boys. But alas, that's usually how it is with me haha If I was a psychic I think I would predict that this summer will be phenom. It's nice out, I love my friends, I love my job, I have time to relax, I'm meetin some hotties. It's pretty successful so far. I just love summer. I love what it brings and what it brings out in people...I think it's the heat haha well, I'm out like shout. I gotta keep remembering I have a blog, I'll put a reminder in my phone. Peace n blessins, peace n blessins <3

2 comments:

  1. Boys (some gay, too) NEED to get it together. The girls & the gays are where it's at. xoxox

    ReplyDelete