Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WARNING: This post is extremely long but extremely informative

Here's 100 questions I found that can help get to know someone. I felt like getting to know myself a little better. And then I just added some fun facts about me at the end haha Enjoy :)

Personal Questions
1. How do you define honesty?
I define it as a amiable trait that depending on the situation should either be kept to one's self or said aloud. I'm not saying lying is the better choice but having a filter is also a good quality.
2. What is your biggest fear or worry?
Dying at a young age. This whole 2012 phenomenon is my biggest fear at the moment. I want to graduate, I want to live a long and happy life, I want to get the chance to and I'm terrified.
3. What is the main thing that makes you unique?
I think I'm very driven and no matter how hard people try to bring me down, I know what truly makes me happy and matters in my life.
4. If you had to evacuate your house immediately, what is the one thing you would grab on the way out?
The one framed picture of me, my mom, and my dad. It counts as the only legit family picture we've ever taken.
5. What facial expression or movement do you do when you are lying?
I have no idea.
6. What is the oldest item you own?
My blankey that I sleep with. I lost the original one (which was the one I was wrapped in when I was born) in a hotel bed when I was about 11 so I have a replacement but the spirit of it lives on. I usually can't sleep without it.
7. If someone was to give you one gift, money is no object, what would you want to receive?
An all expense paid trip around the world.
8. What does it mean to have courage?
To do what others think is impossible.
9. Do you like your name?
No. I think it's unique and all but it's a song by the band Steely Dan and I just blatantly don't like the song.
10. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
Yeah but I don't really know how to spell it. It's pretty hard to shorten "Aja" but people call me Ajsh? Maybe that's the spelling, if not, I don't know what is.
11. If you could have any special magic, what would it be?
I seriously want to be a witch like Hermoine Granger. Truth.
12. If you had three wishes, what would you wish?
1) I wish I was on Broadway 2) I wish I lived in New York 3) I wish I could find my true love
13. What is your greatest strength?
My singing ability.
14. What is your worst weakness?
Keeping things in until I eventually explode at everyone.
15. If you could predict the future, what would you do with that knowledge?
I would keep it to myself.
16. Is your favorite time the past, present or the future?
The present. I like to say "live in the now!" haha
17. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
Ugh, if this 2012 thing is a hoax, I see myself in a Broadway show living in New York, still close to my best friends, married, and maybe JUST maybe having ONE child :P
18. Who is the one person that helped to make you who you are today?
My mom. Not only would I literally not be here without her, but she's impacted my life in the best ways.
19. If you were punished for a crime, what type of punishment would you choose?
I'm pretty sure I can't answer this because I'd need a crime to go off of.
20. Describe a time you got into trouble.
In 8th grade, the girls on the volleyball team wanted to dress up on a game day so we all wore dresses/skirts and I wore this super cute jean skort thing that didn't follow the whole "hands by your sides" rule yet it was by no means scandalously short (PS my arms are insanely long so I've never been able to wear shorts to school) and our Dean, Mrs. Loveleiss caught me and I had to go into her office and sign her stupid book and she gave me a warning. I had to call my mom to come bring me pants and she was even pissed off because I HAD SHORTS ON UNDERNEATH THEM and she told me "It's the principal of the thing, child." I wanted to say, "Hey, why don't you try disciplining instead of befriending all your homegirls instead of catching me on a technicality" but that would've been racist wouldn't it?
21. What do you do when you first wake up in the morning?
Take a shower.
22. What makes you a good person?
I work hard and try to do the right thing.
23. What would your obituary say?
Eek, I don't even want to think about that.
24. What is your greatest regret?
Growing apart from some of my closest and oldest friends.
25. How would you describe standing on a beach looking at the ocean?
I don't really know how to further describe it. I mean, it would be nice. I'm more of a city girl.
26. What is your favorite outfit to wear?
I don't have a favorite. I wear all my clothes because I like them, hence why I bought them.
27. What do you do when you are driving alone in a car?
Sing loud and proud.

Love and Friendship Questions
28. If a friend is being bullied or harassed by someone, what do you do?
Defend them obviously.
29. Reflect on the characteristics of your best friend. What makes him or her so special?
Well, I have this idea that each of my best friends have special characteristics and if we put them all together we could make this super strong willed, accepting, self-confident, open, determined, perfect woman.
30. Has anyone close to you passed away?
No.
31. Describe a time you fell in love.
Can't say I have yet.
32. Can you keep secrets? Describe a time you didn't.
I can. In middle school I could not, I'll admit it.
33. How do you show your love for others?
I try to be there for them when they need someone.
34. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
For my 16th birthday, my friend Laura threw me a party at a Park and all my friends came and we had a water balloon fight and it was just really fun. I like when people plan stuff for my birthday because if I did I would just sit at home haha.
35. If you could become anyone's friend that you want, who would you choose?
I'd want to be Idina Menzel's friend because she's my idol and I could probably sit and listen to her forever talk about her experiences as a performer.
36. Are you the type of person with lots of friends or just a few close ones?
A few close ones.
37. What is one quality you admire most in others?
To not care what other people think.
38. Do you prefer to be with those who are younger or older than you are?
Older.
39. If you could ask me one question, and I had to answer you truthfully, what would you want to know?
Who am I talking to? haha Have you ever killed anyone? I think that's a solid question.
40. What is the meanest thing you have ever done to someone?
I sort of kind of helped create this club of people that didn't like this one girl, in my defense, it had a lot of people in it so she obviously wasn't the poster child for nice. It was pre-mean girls and I know it was wrong and I regret it and I'm very sorry.
41. Who is one friend from your past you want to reconnect with?
My old best friend Alyssa.
42. When did you kiss for the first time and what was it like?
Ok well I kissed my first boy in preschool so I won't count that. I'll count the one that I truly count as a first kiss because I actually knew that that's what it was because it was so stereotypically awkward at first but it was sweet. That was in 7th grade.
43. Describe an activity that you think is truly romantic.
Truly romantic...hm...dinner at a nice restaurant and then just walking around (preferably somewhere with some pretty sights to see) and talking.
44. If you were to write a love note to your sweetheart, what would it say?
I love you? I don't know, I don't have a sweetheart at the moment.
45. When you are in trouble, whom do you call for help?
My mom or my friends.
46. Who are the people you love the most?
My parents and my close friends.

Worldly Questions
47. If you could speak any language, what would it be and why?
French. I studied in middle school and high school. It's just so fluid and sexy.
48. If you had to pick one place in your town to bring a tourist, where would you go?
Downtown by the lake. I think it's the only pretty place in Kenosha.
49. What is the one cause that you feel most passionate about?
Supporting our troops.
50. If you lived in the pioneer days, would you have traveled west or stayed put in the east?
Stayed in the east.
51. Which is your favorite non-profit organization? What do you do to help them?
Any non-profit arts organization I support. I support it everyday by being involved in the arts and encouraging others to do so.
52. If you could travel to space, would you go?
No.
53. If you could move anywhere, where would you go and why?
New York or London. They're just amazing in two completely different ways. New York is the epicenter of theatre and entertainment and London is the epicenter of the best parts of world history.
54. Would you want to travel the world on a boat in the sea?
I don't know, I've never been on a boat very long. Who knows if I would get sea sick.
55. When you travel away from home, do you miss it?
Not usually.
56. What is the greatest crisis we face as a world?
Everyone trying to conquer everyone. I know that world peace is not an option and if you think it is, sorry to say, but you're delusional. I blame religion and greed.
57. Describe your favorite vacation.
I traveled to 7 countries in Europe. England, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Lichenstein, and Germany. I love Europe. There's just so much history there because it was established long before America was. The architecture's absolutely beautiful everywhere you go and it was fun to just be thrown into a completely different culture.
58. If you could write your own bill of rights, what would you include?
I think our bill of rights is just fine. There's just people occupying the White House right now that seems to think it's okay to change the whole platform our country was based on and take some of those away.
59. What is going on today in the world that affects you the most?
Although many of Obama's supporters were college students, I was not one of them. And many who dosupport him do not realize that this rising debt we keep obtaining is not really going to effect our parents' generation, it's going to
effect ours. We're going to be broke. Has the stimulus plan worked? No. Has he increased jobs? No. Has the debt gone down? No. Along with the rest of America, the idolized Barack Obama has our fates in his hands and until he's out of office, I think we're heading for "hell in a hand basket" as my grandma would say. But that's what we get for electing a "community organizer" who accomplished nothing significant politically while he was in the senate for less than 2 years, as a president isn't it?

Health Questions
60. What bad habit would you be willing to give up if it guaranteed you would live to be 100?
Not working out haha
61. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Chalupas from taco bell or any kind of pasta.
62. What is one food that you will not eat?
Oysters.
63. What is your favorite way to exercise?
I don't like to exercise at all haha I think it's all torture. But if I had to pick, it'd be to dance.
64. If you had to choose to be blind or deaf, which one would you pick?
Blind, then I could still listen to music.
65. Have you ever been to a hospital? Why?
I've never been to the hospital for an emergency but for routine check ups and x-rays and when I had mono and strep.
66. If you could have someone else's face, whom would you choose?
I like my face just fine thanks.
67. Describe a vivid dream you have had.
I can only remember my dreams for a day and then they disappear forever from my memory.
68. What physical feature do you least like about yourself?
My nose.
69. Would you want to know the exact day of your death?
God no.

Work and Career Questions
70. If you had to pick one hero, who would it be?
My mom.
71. If you could pick one thing to change about your school or job, what would it be?
I wish some of my teachers would act more like professionals then buddies to some students.
72. What are most proud of?
I'm proud that I've actually figured out what I want to do with my life and I'm brave enough to go after my dream.
73. Are you the kind of person who wants to be the big fish in a little pond or the little fish in the big pond?
I want to be a big fish in a big pond.
74. Describe a time when you wanted to quit, but didn't.
There were many assignments/projects I wanted to half ass in school but I'd pull all nighters and finished them to the best of my ability. But boy did I just want to quit.
75. Mention one goal. When you hope to accomplish it?
Be in a show on Broadway. I don't care when, I just need to accomplish it.
76. Is competition good for you?
Yes, but I feel like it brings out a bad side in me.
77. If you could study anything you wanted in school, what would you want to learn more about?
I'd want to learn more about history as to see what we could do differently instead of making the same mistakes.
78. What is something you learned in school that you think is useless to you today? "Salir" in Spanish means "To go or to leave." I shouldn't have taken Spanish in 7th grade because I was pressured into it being told that it seems to be the more "practical" language. No language should be more practical in America than English because that's what we speak here. Get my drift?
79. When someone fails at something, what should he or she do?
Try again if it means that much to them.
80. If you could pick any career, what would you want to be?
I did pick it. I want to be a performer.
81. Do you want to be famous?
Famous, maybe. Successful, yes.

Entertainment Questions
82. If you could become a character in a TV show or movie, who would you choose to be?
Sookie in True Blood.
83. What is your favorite outside activity?
Sand volleyball.
84. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
Christmas. I celebrate it at my grandma's house on Christmas Eve, my house Christmas Day, and a week later at my Nana and Bapa's.
85. What is your favorite sport? Do you play or just watch?
Volleyball. I used to play.
86. Have you been on a roller coaster? What did it feel like?
Of course I have. I love roller coasters even though I'm usually scared when I'm on them.
87. If you had to spend a day not using any technology, what would you do?
I think I'd do okay. I like to read so that helps.
88. Describe the perfect party.
Nothing gets broken and there's no fights.
89. What is your favorite type of art?
Anything involving music.
90. What sport do you think you are the best at?
The only sport I think I'm remotely good at is volleyball.
91. Do you play an instrument?
I used to play cello and piano.
92. Which is your favorite song?
"More than Anyone" by Gavin Degraw
93. If you could be a cartoon character, who would you want to be?
Patty Mayonnaise from Doug.
94. Do you know any jokes? If so, tell me one.
There once was a man with a wooden leg named Smith. Well what's the name of his other leg? Ha, got that from Mary Poppins.
95. What is the one thing that makes you laugh the hardest?
I laugh all the time but funny faces usually do it.

Family Questions
96. What makes your family unique from others?
We may not be big, but we're strong.
97. When you think back to your childhood, what was the hardest part about being a kid?
Always being told I was only a kid.
98. What are some of your family's traditions?
When we eat dinner we always sit at the same spot at the table. We always watch Christmas Vacation at my grandma's house on Christmas eve and play the grab gift game. My parents always get my flowers for my shows that have a little note of encouragement on them. We only make banana bread from this old recipe my mom has. We probably do more that I just haven't noticed.
99. Do you know how you got your name?
Yep. At the time, the song "Aja" by Steely Dan was my parents favorite so that's what they named me.
100. Are you like your parents or different? How?
Well I'm a complete mixture of both of them physically. But I'm stubborn like my dad. Kind of frantic like my mom. But I'm also strong and determined like both of them.

Just some ff's about me:
Favorite color: Purple.
Favorite animal: Panther.
Favorite city: NYC
Favorite movie: Superstar or Grease
Favorite book: Harry Potter
Favorite author: James Patterson/Jodi Piccoult/Philippa Gregory
Favorite artists: James Morrison, Gavin Degraw, Jason Mraz, John Mayer
Favorite place to hangout: Grant Park in Chicago
Favorite food: Italian and Chinese
Favorite musical: Wicked
Favorite quality in a person: Humor
Favorite country: England
Favorite snack: peanut butter with chocolate chips with a glass of milk
Favorite TV show: True Blood is at the top of the list right now
Favorite place to shop: Forever 21
Favorite thing to do: Sing
Favorite time of year: Fall
Favorite date: Dinner and a movie on the couch
Favorite game: Mortal Kombat
Favorite female actor: Jennifer Aniston
Favorite male actor: Brad Pitt (coincidentally)
Favorite boy band: Nsync
Favorite favorite: favorite artists

Okay, so I can't think of anymore favorites. This post is epic haha. DAMNIT, I need to blog more. I say that at the end of every blog but seriously guys, I need to remember to do it. Hope you had fun reading this ridiculously long and time consuming piece of internet literature. Lata gatassss.

No comments:

Post a Comment